Google phone - Will this be the Droid Killer?

praeceps

Reaction score
The OLY thing more powerful than the Droid that's coming out in any meaningful amount of time would be the HTC Passion. Is has the fabled "Snapdragon" processor. That'll reduce it's battery life to near nothing. Not enough will buy it because of that. Finally, it won't have a keybaord, which is, lets face it, one of the biggest selling features of the Droid. The Droid is king for a while. At least until June and all networks have the same 4G. Seriousy, be happy. You have the greatest phone on Earth. Maybe except for the Milestone, but that really is the Droid anyway. No phone will for quite a while have a significant amount of power in EVERY category and have EVERY feature. The Droid is here for a while. Finally, hte ONLY thing that could trump it would be the Geek Phone, which is just obscene. Byt that's likely a while off if it ever exists.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All it look slike is an HTC rebranded. That said. The droid is the all knowing device. Only the IPhne compares in power. The Passion with have the snapdragon yes, but I wonder if it will come with 2 batteries :). As far as 2.1 being on it. In Janu. the Droid will be on 2.1 also.

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
I just hope this won't be the HTC Passion. I though in the article it said unlocked GSM phone??

Mateles

Reaction score
Who cares? Are you afraid of your Droid dying because of a "Droid killer?"

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Too much in-fighting with Android :)
Let's just work on killing the iPhone first... then we can have our civil war with HTC vs. Moto. LOL :icon_ devil:

just joking around....

coolkidd

Reaction score
trackballs are not for me.... I mean if its a touch-screen device why would I bother using a trackball?

kastj

Reaction score
Too much in-fighting with Android :)
Let's just work on killing the iPhone first... then we can have our civil war with HTC vs. Moto. LOL :icon_ devil:

just joking around....

Agreed, HTC is not the enemy and if anything competition allows for better and better devices as time goes on. Imagine what will be available in two years when we can upgrade.

zmeflyby

Reaction score
ill admit this, att&t in my area was great. i never had any problems, im in houston,tx.

but going away from houston and going inbetween towers was just horrendous.

Really, what part of houston tx?

I have lived there for 5 years, ATT was the worst service ever. Never had any receptions.

djstar2k2

Reaction score
i dont see why google would tank the droid. being the 1st phone to scare the iphone. unless its a voip where call mins. are gone and u talk over data but still whos gonna offer that? can google handle that?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
i dont see why google would tank the droid. being the 1st phone to scare the iphone. unless its a voip where call mins. are gone and u talk over data but still whos gonna offer that? can google handle that?
thats basically what it would be is my best guess....wi-fi at home data on the road..

who knows. I guess we will all find out.