1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Phone is fake...WTF?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by BostonDroid, Dec 15, 2009.

1. BostonDroid

BostonDroid New Member

2. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Eh, google has made two phones before. Who knows though. Just doesn't seem like apples cup of tea to be fake google employees with phones.
  3. Elysian

Elysian New Member

I don't think you're getting the gist of the article, or the opinion. It's not that the actual phone is fake, it's that all the rumors about it being so awesome, about it being unsubsidized and unlocked, and about it possibly even being a data only phone are fake. The phone itself is obviously real, the rest is what seems too good to be true.
  4. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Right,
    Once again the unlocked and such came from goog employees twitter feeds. So they are making it up?

5. Mojo

Mojo New Member

6. Elysian

Elysian New Member

Did it? I haven't seen that in anything I've read, maybe I'm not reading the right articles? Everything that has been posted has been nothing but rumor.
  7. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

8. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

I've maintained this didn't make any sense, but of course I'm not a respected industry analyst. So, they worked with HTC to develop the handset... and they used their own employees as a test bed... so what? They did the same thing with what became dev1 (and also became the g1 ). Going into direct competition with your partners is not a bright move, and Google didn't become the giant they are by making shortsighted moves.