Google Phone is fake...WTF?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Eh, google has made two phones before. Who knows though. Just doesn't seem like apples cup of tea to be fake google employees with phones.

Elysian

Reaction score
Eh, google has made two phones before. Who knows though. Just doesn't seem like apples cup of tea to be fake google employees with phones.
I don't think you're getting the gist of the article, or the opinion. It's not that the actual phone is fake, it's that all the rumors about it being so awesome, about it being unsubsidized and unlocked, and about it possibly even being a data only phone are fake. The phone itself is obviously real, the rest is what seems too good to be true.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Right,
Once again the unlocked and such came from goog employees twitter feeds. So they are making it up?

I don't think you're getting the gist of the article, or the opinion. It's not that the actual phone is fake, it's that all the rumors about it being so awesome, about it being unsubsidized and unlocked, and about it possibly even being a data only phone are fake. The phone itself is obviously real, the rest is what seems too good to be true.

Mojo

Reaction score
Right,
Once again the unlocked and such came from goog employees twitter feeds. So they are making it up? QUOTE]

No I do not think they made it up.... I think the ones that the employees have are unlocked. As for if the phone will sell unlocked is what is up for question.

Elysian

Reaction score
Right,
Once again the unlocked and such came from goog employees twitter feeds. So they are making it up?

Did it? I haven't seen that in anything I've read, maybe I'm not reading the right articles? Everything that has been posted has been nothing but rumor.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I've maintained this didn't make any sense, but of course I'm not a respected industry analyst. So, they worked with HTC to develop the handset... and they used their own employees as a test bed... so what? They did the same thing with what became dev1 (and also became the g1 ). Going into direct competition with your partners is not a bright move, and Google didn't become the giant they are by making shortsighted moves.