Google Patents Micro Camera in Contact Lenses & Dragonball Z Style Scouter Glass

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Apr 16, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Those wacky, "always outside the box" engineers at Google have just moved even closer toward cool future tech. Two Google patent applications have recently popped up which push the envelope just a tad. One is very cool in a very practical sense, while the other is cool because it's basically the manifestation of something found in a popular anime.

[​IMG]

The first patent app of note today is a micro camera embedded in smart contact lenses. The idea of a micro-camera hidden in contact lenses can seem scary, but the point isn't to create a super-spy gadget, it's to help the visually impaired see better. Here's a quote with a brief description,

[​IMG]

The other Google patent app of interest today is an compact Bluetooth headset and earphone version of Google Glass. It bears a striking resemblance to the Scouter in the anime series DragonBall Z. At first blush, we aren't sure what specific reason there would be to have a variant of the Google Glass like this, but it's intriguing in a "Sci-Fi" way regardless.

[​IMG]

Sound off and let us know what you think of Google's potential future-tech!

Source: AndroidAuthority

• Like Like x 2
  2. LoudRam

LoudRam Senior Member

Ratings:
    +146
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto X
    The contact lens camera to help the visually impaired is an awesome idea. Our son is blind and even though this probably wouldn't help him, I know quite a few people that this would help. And the visor is just cool.

Sent from my Moto X using Droid Forums

• Like Like x 3
  3. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

This needs to be developed. I would buy the Google Glass Bluetooth headset. I know people who are blind and the contacts would be an awesome visual cue tool.

Search tags for this page
bluetooth scouter
camera contact lense editor for android
dragon ball contact lenses
dragon ball lenses
dragon ball z android wearables
dragon ball z contact lenses
scouter camera dbz
scouter dbz avec micro

spy ball camera

vegeta wearing scouter