Google Officially Unveils Nexus 6P; Full Specs, Features, Pricing and Release Date

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
All carriers.. Correct.. And congrats @cynkrzy I'm looking forward from first hand thoughts

S6E+ tapatalk

Thanks @BK. Been a while since I had a new "Toy". They said 5-6 weeks before it ships, so early November. Hopefully some of the smart folks will have documented the Bootloader unlock, an Root methods before I get my hands on it.

Now the question is. Do I try it with Project Fi for a month or so ? That's if I can get in.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Thanks @BK. Been a while since I had a new "Toy". They said 5-6 weeks before it ships, so early November. Hopefully some of the smart folks will have documented the Bootloader unlock, an Root methods before I get my hands on it.

Now the question is. Do I try it with Project Fi for a month or so ? That's if I can get in.
It's a nexus. Normal bootloader unlock command via adb will work.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

Oh you will have unlock root and whole chilli bang bang by the time you get it.. If you can get in why not try Project FI..

S6E+ tapatalk

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Oh you will have unlock root and whole chilli bang bang by the time you get it.. If you can get in why not try Project FI..

S6E+ tapatalk
I'm going to try. At first I thought I'd try T-Mobile, since I'm out of contract with VZW and sick of them and Samsung.
But Project Fi sounds interesting, so will definitely have a look at it.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm going to try. At first I thought I'd try T-Mobile, since I'm out of contract with VZW and sick of them and Samsung.

You can always try Tmo's seven day test drive. It is free. They send you an iPhone that you can gauge their network with. Afterwards, you turn it into the nearest retailer.

It would let you know how well Google Fi will work for you.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You can always try Tmo's seven day test drive. It is free. They send you an iPhone that you can gauge their network with. Afterwards, you turn it into the nearest retailer.

Kinda, except that fi also uses Sprint towers when the T-mo signal is weak and wifi where it's available and neither cell network is the best...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
T-mobile might work for you... I gave them a test drive for 13.5 days ....

Project FI if you can test along side current might be the way..

S6E+ tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Do we know whether Verizon will sell the 6P in stores?
According to what I heard during the event and what other outlets are posting, it'll ONLY be available online in the US. Maybe only via the Google Store. That's currently the only place you can preorder it.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Kinda, except that fi also uses Sprint towers when the T-mo signal is weak and wifi where it's available and neither cell network is the best...

So Google Fi phones have both radios? Sprint and Tmo? I was left under the impression that title was one or the other.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So Google Fi phones have both radios? Sprint and Tmo? I was left under the impression that title was one or the other.
They're unlocked Nexus devices, so they've got all the radios. That's the whole plug. You get whatever cell service is better where you are & WiFi when both are lacking.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

I think Project Fi wouldbe a better choice for where I live since there are two lte networks available

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I figured that's where they would stick them. The i5 was like that and got great reception.