Google Officially Unveils Nexus 5X; Full Specs, Features, Pricing and Release Date

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus5x-google-event.JPG

Google's second announcement was the new Nexus 5X. This one is once again made by LG. Here's a breakdown of features for this new version of Google's iconic device:
  • 5.2-inch LCD display with full (1920x1080) HD resolution - pixel density of 424 ppi
  • 2GHz hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor
  • 2GB of LPDDR3 RAM
  • 16GB or 32GB of storage
  • 12.3-megapixel rear camera an f/2.0 aperture and laser-assisted focus
  • 5-megapixel front facing camera
  • Fingerprint scanner
  • Micro USB Type-C port
  • 2,700 mAh battery
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow
  • Compatible with the Project Fi Network
The Nexus 5X will be available for preorder starting today for $379.99 (for the 16GB) and $429.99 (for the 32GB) off contract in the Google Play store. The phone will be shipping to store shelves and preorder customers later in October.

Be sure to drop by our dedicated Nexus 5X section for further discussion: Nexus 5X (2015) | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited:

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
nexus5x-google-event.JPG

Google's second announcement was the new Nexus 5X. This one is once again made by LG. Here's a breakdown of features for this new version of Google's iconic device:
  • 6GB or 32GB of storage.
o_O

:p

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hmmm this or the 6P? Going to be touch deciding. I like smaller devices but the 6P might be the one.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
If 5x had battery and storage of 6p it would be a no brainer. As it is, neither one interests me.

Yeah, same thing here. Neither interests me. Much as I dislike the size of the Nexus 6, I've seen deals for $299, and at least it has the wireless charging that the Nexus phones leave out. It's just a very inconvenient size for me. Storage isn't an issue since I've had a 32GB Nexus 7 (2013) for a couple of years now and am still not at the halfway point.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm beyond disappointed that either of these phones come with 16GB.
Totally agree with Xeene... ZERO interest in either of these.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I can't believe 32GB isn't the standard for 2015.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Well, I decided. 5X or 6P? No, I got a deal on a Nexus 6 for $299, new from this eBay auction: Nexus 6 XT1103 (Latest Model) - 32GB - (Unlocked) Smartphone I figure if i don't like its awkward large size, I can turn it around and not lose much money. Many used Nexus 6 phones are selling for more than $299 at the moment. The price of the 5X for what it offers isn't that good, and it lacks wireless charging and has a few other quirks I don't like, so that killed the idea of the 5X for me. Certainly a letdown.