Google Now's Location Card doesn't like Washington State.

revelated

Reaction score
All it ever does is try to navigate using the least convenient route and there's no way to override.

Out here, if you don't live in Seattle but you work there, you're forced to endure a nightmare of a commute and then eventually take one of three bridges: I-5 south, 90, or 520. Of those, 520 is a toll bridge with outrageous pricing only during commute hours; clearly punitive. I was paying it at first but eventually realized that it wasn't worth saving 10 minutes by paying nearly $8 a day. So now I take the I-5 south.

The problem is the card wants to send you to the 520 because it sees it as the fastest way - and it is, but in Google Maps, you can tell it to avoid toll roads. The card doesn't honor this setting nor does it have one of its own.

I don't use it for navigation, rather to get a good estimate of my commute time just before I leave for work. I've been itching for something exactly like this for years and can't wait to get it up on a touch screen.

Anyone manage to get around this nonsense?

wolfman4u

Reaction score
combatmedic870 said:
I dont like Washington state either....rains to much!
;)
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Your on the wrong side of the state. LOL

My91sho

Reaction score
It doesn't rain much on the good side of the state. The East side. :)

Btw...I'm a truck driver, you probably haven't seen real "traffic". Try driving a 75 foot 80,000 pound truck through rush hour in LA, Houston, Denver, etc. That's "traffic"! Lol

OP
revelated

revelated

Reaction score
It doesn't rain much on the good side of the state. The East side. :)

Btw...I'm a truck driver, you probably haven't seen real "traffic". Try driving a 75 foot 80,000 pound truck through rush hour in LA, Houston, Denver, etc. That's "traffic"! Lol

Regarding the so-called "East Side" unfortunately the jobs are in Seattle and surrounding regions. My company actually has a Spokane office but it's satellite only, bare staff. I wish they would let my department pick an office to work out of. I'd pick Lynnwood in a heartbeat - 15 minute commute to work every day.

And I'm a California deserter, so I know all too well what traffic is like in major CA cities. But at least in San Diego they're willing to pay money to fix the traffic. Their freeway system manages the traffic extremely well unlike Washington West where traffic jams up every time an onramp merges in.