Google Now... why must I scream "GOOGLE!!" for it to respond?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
This is bugged me since day one, I bragged to my wife who has an iPhone5 that Now is better than Siri (which IMHO it is) BUT I look like a jag off sometimes by having to yell GOOGLE! to get it to start the speech recognition. Now its no biggie, but on the road, it kind of is. Is there a way to just hold the home button down, and Now will appear and just start voice recognition?

I know I can just simply hit the mic button once Now opens... but takes away the whole point.

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
I've softly spoke "Google" and it activated Now. I mean, there been times where I had to yell Google for it to work. But for the most part. It works pretty well.

Reaction score
I can yell google all day long and nothing happens on my phone. And yes I have it set to open up when I say "google"

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There is a version of the Google Now that was ported from another phone to work with the Christmas leak. It would go right to voice recognition after a long press on the search button. I'm going to install it on mine. I'll see if I can't find it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I can yell google all day long and nothing happens on my phone. And yes I have it set to open up when I say "google"

I just realized, you have to freaking wait till its done pulling up the cards and loading the background crap. If Google wants to compete with Siri, this must be ditched, or an option to stop pulling up previous cards, Siri is instant, though Google Now may search better, its no help sitting there and waiting, especially driving.

They have to update it or something, when I say, "Take me home" it searches the internet for it like its a song... they have to tailor it better IMO.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just realized, you have to freaking wait till its done pulling up the cards and loading the background crap. If Google wants to compete with Siri, this must be ditched, or an option to stop pulling up previous cards, Siri is instant, though Google Now may search better, its no help sitting there and waiting, especially driving.

They have to update it or something, when I say, "Take me home" it searches the internet for it like its a song... they have to tailor it better IMO.
WOW, so you have to wait one second, because that is how long it takes for the cards to be pulled out, no issues here with Google Now, works like a charm.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
WOW, so you have to wait one second, because that is how long it takes for the cards to be pulled out, no issues here with Google Now, works like a charm.

If works like a charm was true, then I would not have a problem. I disabled the useless cards, works better, still have to wait a little bit. Please remember, its not so much the waiting on mine, just as posted above, there are times when you say "Google" and it sits there doing jack.

I gotta a question for you, since you seem to use it a lot. When I schedule an appt. on my calendar, the color code on the calendar is different than when I manually schedule an event. And when I Google the event and go to it, it has the 3 options if I am attending busy and free, do you know why?

THNX!