Google Now Sloooow on Razr?

luketj

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the search feature of Google Now is slow just on my phone or on the Razrs in general? Mine is painfully slow. I search inside the browser now because sometimes it takes over a minute for it show results. I turned off hot word, but that only helps it load faster.

moset

Reaction score
Same here, i was about to post the same question.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Yeah, I have been having the same problem. I've cleared cache several times thinking that would help. Unfortunately not. In addition, Chrome has been painfully slow as well, on the order of a minute or more to load pages. Either that or it will time out. Happens on both WiFi as well as mobile data.

David

OP
luketj

luketj

Reaction score
Chrome was slow for a while for me, but seems to be working better since the last update, enough for me to be willing to switch back from dolphin. I've only been using it for a few days, though.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Both Google Now searches and Chrome seem to be pretty speedy to me. I was just using Chrome and I tried a couple of searched on Now and they seemed just fine.

OleManDan

Reaction score
I'm not having any issues with Google. Mine works fast.
Everything on my phone seems to have been improved when I updated to Jelly Bean.
(I did the things I was supposed to do after the up-date...)
When I re-upped my apps, I installed the up-to-date versions.
Seems some folks used the old apps and aren't getting as good a result. (or so I have heard...)

OP
luketj

luketj

Reaction score
I'm not having any issues with Google. Mine works fast.
Everything on my phone seems to have been improved when I updated to Jelly Bean.
(I did the things I was supposed to do after the up-date...)
When I re-upped my apps, I installed the up-to-date versions.
Seems some folks used the old apps and aren't getting as good a result. (or so I have heard...)

How would you do that with Google Now?

extremus

Reaction score
Ditto on slow Google Now w/Razr Maxx

I'm wondering if the search feature of Google Now is slow just on my phone or on the Razrs in general? Mine is painfully slow. I search inside the browser now because sometimes it takes over a minute for it show results. I turned off hot word, but that only helps it load faster.
Yep, slow, :30 to :60 to load results. Chrome, stock browser ditto. Don't have as much of a lag on my Nexus 7.

OP
luketj

luketj

Reaction score
Been messing around with it lately and it seems removing updates to both chrome and google search speeds it up pretty nice. Hopefully google's next updates will be faster and not slower.

RzrGrl

Reaction score
Count me in. Right after JB update, Google search slowed to a crawl. And tapping it 2 or 3 times sure doesn't speed it up! Really annoying >:-(

4low4fun

Reaction score
Same here.. Google now is slow slow slow... I use sky fire as my default browser and its the snappiest of all the browsers I've tried. My RAZR was bad a** with ICS.. wish I had never updated...

OP
luketj

luketj

Reaction score
New update today. Speedy!! Very happy. I had rolled back all updates to get a decent search speed, but with this update it's faster than ever. I'm still waiting for a performance enhancement for chrome, but until then I'm satisfied with the stock browser.

Reaction score
There was actually an article on Android Police earlier this morning about this. Tip: Google Searches Taking Forever On Android? Here's How To Fix It

Go into Google Now > Settings > Phone Search and uncheck all options. Next, go into your Settings to Apps > All > Search Applications Provider. Disable the app.

Seemed to speed things up for me.

Are you on stock or another rom? Curious because I can't disable the Search Applications Provider, disable is greyed out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta