Google Now: Package Tracking cards

shamus

Reaction score
Hello all,

Right now I'm using a N7 and a GN2 (Verizon). Both obviously have Google now but I'm having some issues with it.
When I first got the GN2 I noticed I had a couple tracking info cards that popped up automatically. But for the life of me I cannot get them to come back.

I order a lot of packages for my business and these cards would be a nice little feature but I haven't seen one since I swiped that original card away.
They do not appear on my N7 or my GN2.

I've checked all settings. The tracking card is on, show cards based on gmail is on, web history is on. I've tried keeping the tracking info emails in my inbox, moving them into my 'incoming shipments' folder, deleting them.

After spending a couple hours reading about this I decided to come ask for help. Hopefully I'm just missing a setting somewhere.
What I've come up with so far is that some users have no problems and they always show and others are like me but haven't been able to pinpoint why.

OP
shamus

shamus

Reaction score
I've done a bit more diggin on this.
My brother has the same phone (GN2) but on ATT.

His works fine. I had him forward me one of his emails that does work with his gnow tracking. It also does not appear in my cards.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I had this issue on my S3..... I went round and round and round.... What ended up working for me was clearing the data and cache for the app Force stop then rebooting the phone.... I know it sucks setting up all the cards again but for me it has been working great.... And is my favorite feature of G NOW since I get 3 -5 shipments a week.... Really helps keep track of what is coming when.....

OP
shamus

shamus

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

So you just cleared the cache for google search? I don't see a 'Now' app in there anywhere.

OP
shamus

shamus

Reaction score
Tried clearing the cache, force stop, reboot with no success.
I also just factory reset my SIII and grabbed the JB update official and that doesn't display tracking info either.

On an unrelated note (pun), I might end up keeping the SIII over the GNII. It's a beast with JB.

Now if I could just get these damn tracking updates to come through!