Google Now is already making its way to ICS devices thanks to some crafty dev work!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Galaxy Nexus users and folks with a handful of other devices have already had the privilege of flashing a Jelly Bean port to their device. Last week when I installed JB to my Galaxy Nexus one of the new features that I instantly found myself playing around with is the new Google Now app. You access it from the lockscreen in JB just by swiping up. It delivers a plethora of useful information. For example when i left work today I opened up my Google Now app and found out that it would take 22 minutes to get home and that their were no traffic hold ups on the way. I also found out that it was 88 degrees outside and rainy. As you can see this app can be pretty helpful. It also includes an updated version of Google Voice that beats Siri in my opinion!

Google Now is only available officially for the Nexus 7 tablet and some Galaxy Nexus phones that were given out with Jelly Bean preinstalled. Thanks to developers this will soon be fully functional for anyone who is running ICS! Developers have already put together an early apk. You will need to be rooted as you will have to replace system apps. The process is very easy. For now Google Voice isn't functioning, however everything else is said to be fully functional!

Via Droid-Life