Google Now, Google Search

crash2367

Reaction score
So if i have this straight google now is actually called google search? I cannot seem to find a flat out google now and google search while installed on my asus prime LOOKS like pics i have seen of google now still just says google search and the google search i have on my pbone just looks.weird, no cards or nothin but it responds pretty cool like when i say "set timer for 10 minutes" it actually does it.

So what gives? Do i have this right? Is there really no straight out google now and google search looks weird on my bionic? I thought we'd get now once we got jelly bean?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you on a JB rom or found a way to install Google Now?

OP
C

crash2367

Reaction score
I am on android 4.0.4. Not sure what rom means? I only have google search on my bionic.

Tonik

Reaction score
I am on android 4.0.4. Not sure what rom means? I only have google search on my bionic.

You don't get Google Now until 4.1, which is jelly bean. Or you flash a rom or a hack.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're still on ICS and won't get Google Now until JB (like you said at the end of your first post).

You might be able to force install it, but I don't know how. I have seen threads on that.

ROM means Read Only Memory. Installing a ROM on your phone will make it look and act differently. It's like installing a launcher, but deeper. You have to be rooted to install a ROM.

OP
C

crash2367

Reaction score
Ok. I am apparently on crack. Thanks for.straightening me.out.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Google now is an upgrade to the Google search app. The app will only upgrade on Android 4.1 and up.

If you want my personal opinion, it's not anything exciting. It just wastes battery fetching worthless info to display (maps app takes up battery usage when it has never been opened, etc) in addition to taking about twice as long to let you start typing after opening the app if (heaven forbid) you actually want to search for something

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

lm2

Reaction score
Google Now sucks. For all that is good and holy: use titanium to back up your ics google search app so you can restore it once on jelly bean. Trust me.