google now bug on razr hd maxx

trinydex

Reaction score
this is a very specific glitch and i'm only bringing it up because i haven't found a way to turn off 'google now.' i don't use google now i wouldn't mind turning it off.

so the glitch occurs when

i get a text pushed to notification
i access the text message from the pushed notification (i am using the factory text message app)
i go into landscape mode (doesn't matter if i type or not), basically i take the text message app window that is superimposed over the desktop and turn it landscape
i press the back button to go back to desk top (doesn't matter if i send a text message or not)

the google now window will pop up for no reason.

i initially thought this might be some sort of delayed press of the google now bar underneath the superimposed window since the soft back button would be right on top of where the google now bar would be underneath. but this glitch manifests in both landscape orientations.

Tomsjuxtaposition

Reaction score
I can't duplicate that particular problem but I can tell you how to turn off Google Now. Open it up by swiping up through your home button>tap settings in the lower right corner (the three dots)>hit settings>Google Now>turn the toggle at the top right corner to off.

OP
T

trinydex

Reaction score
Google now is already off in that sense, but the bar is still active.

baum1024

Reaction score
Hi!
This glitch can be reproduced on the Razr I:
- open the message app holding the phone in landscape
- open the keyboard as if you wanted to type a message
- now type the back button (soft key) frequently and as fast as you can
- google now opens up

it happens often, not always, sometimes with graphic glitches and if data turned off sometimes complaining about being without internet access.

Cheers

Last edited:
OP
T

trinydex

Reaction score
I have been able to make Google now pop up with multiple taps of the back button also. this is really annoying. it makes the phone seem slow when Google now pops up between what you are trying to accomplish.

does anyone at Motorola even recognize this bug?