Google NIK Software Is Now Free

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
niklogo.png

Back in 2012, Google bought NIK Software, the company behind the awesome Snapseed photo editing app.

Not long after the takeover, Google, reduced the price of the plugins from $500. to just $150.
If you are a photo enthusiast, NIK is a must have.

Google has now decided the plugins are completely free and those who bought the NIK Collection in 2016 will receive a full refund.

The NIK Collection is comprised of seven desktop plug-ins that provide a powerful range of photo editing capabilities -- from filter applications that improve color correction, to retouching and creative effects, to image sharpening that brings out all the hidden details, to the ability to make adjustments to the color and tonality of images.

The plugins available include Color Efex Pro, which enables you to add a wide range of different color filters, HDR Efex Pro, which lets you fine tune your HDR option, Dfine, which helps you reduce noise in your photographs, and Viveza which offers advanced enhancements to all images. Check the NIK website for the full list and download link.

Check the Videos below for installation instructions.

Source: G+

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Awesome. I wanted to buy the Nik software so bad but couldn't afford it. Downloading now!

EDIT

I am a photographer hobbyist. I have never sold any photos or been hired for any kind of shoot. Thats why I never bought it. Its just a fun hobby. Lightroom is the only thing I've had to buy since its kind of a necessity if you want to shoot RAW.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sweet! I'm gonna put this on my laptop and see how it works.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You either need a base photo editing app to use this or it doesn't work on Win 10.
Can anyone else confirm?

S5 tap'n

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's not working with my Photoshop app, which is why I'm thinking it may not be compatible with Win 10. Install said Win Vista, 7 & 8 but I thought I'd try anyways. Argh!
Oh well, it was worth a try. Photoshop does everything I need anyways, so it's not a problem.

S5 tap'n

Reactions: CJM