Google Nexus Tablet in 6 Months?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
google_tablet_.jpg

Well folks it looks like Google is going to enter the Tablet scene, and quite frankly we knew it was just a matter of time. Eric Schmidt told Italian Newspaper, Corriere della Sea, "In the next 6 months we plan to market a tablet of the highest quality." Google and Apple have been at war for some time, and the writing was on the wall that they would soon enter the Tablet Market. Schmidt also confirmed that their voice recognition technology would be going head to head with Apples Siri. That in itself should be very interesting.

Details of the tablet are scarce, and it is not known if the Tablet will sport the Google Nexus nomenclature or if Google will simple champion another manufacturer to build the Tablet. The acquisition of Motorola Mobility could come into play at some point but that is simple speculation on our part. Regardless of the manufacturer I'm sure the news of a potential Nexus Tablet will have a lot of people excited.

Thanks StupidGenius for the tip!!

Source: SlashGear

shrop21

Reaction score
It was inevitable...I'm sure it will be amazing, but when my touchpad gets ics or even a fully stable rom I don't think another tablet is necessary :happy3:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ahh, this well be nice! Hopefully it will be competitively priced as well! :D

This wants to be sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

yeah like $250-$350 I wonder how many Xyboard Tabs Motorola has sold with the extremely ridiculous prices those things are selling for. My guess is like 2 or 3 total in the world. No not 2 or 3 million, literally 2 or 3 tablets.

empoweredh22

Reaction score
Did anyone else see the commercial for the Razr/Xyboard combo over the weekend? What a terrible commercial! If I'm a typical customer I have no idea what a "Xyboard" is the commercial does nothing to explain it. To me it almost sounded as though it was a giant phone a la Galaxy Note, and I would have been left to think, "Why would I need a Razr phone and a Xyboard phone and why would anyone want an 8" phone?" The Razr is certainly a marvel of engineering but the Xyboard is one of the ugliest devices I've ever seen and I love my Nexus!

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
yeah like $250-$350 I wonder how many Xyboard Tabs Motorola has sold with the extremely ridiculous prices those things were selling for. My guess is like 2 or 3 total in the world. No not 2 or 3 million, literally 2 or 3 tablets.

Yeah, like the Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt... ;) I saw the volt one day after just hearing on the radio how there only about 300 ever sold in the world... First I wanted to go touch it for being rare, then I could certainly tell why there were so few sold! :)

This wants to be sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus