Google Navigation

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Skid, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Skid

Skid New Member

Is there a better navigation system than the stock Google Navigation? I have used it 4 times and have only been directed to my location once. I came from using VZ navigator and that was dead on every time. Any apps out there free or paid?

Thanks!
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Not to my knowledge, and Google has worked absolutely great for me. Never had any problems with it.
  3. Milehighjc

Milehighjc New Member

Interesting... I did see a thread in the applications section that talked about a different (paid) app. But for what its worth, NAV has been nearly perfect for me was well. I did have an issue in the sticks of NM when I didnt have any data service, and lost the map. Since NAV doesnt have the maps preloaded, you still have to have data service.

jc
  4. Skid

Skid New Member

The problem I'm having is it is making me drive in circles in a 4 block radius of my destination.
  5. Guchi

Guchi New Member

google nav works better than my garmin nuvi 205w. if it could cache maps and satalite, even just the steet maps that are within 50 miles of your location it would be near perfect imho
  6. bryan

bryan New Member

The Google nav has worked great for me. I use to use TeleNav which is excellent, I like it better than VZ but is is $10 / month.
  7. FireDroid

FireDroid New Member

Have used it several times and it has worked for me perfectly. I have used it on a couple calls (firefighter) and being able to say the address and it guides me right to the door without the map, saves us time!!!:icon_ devil:
  8. iPirate

iPirate New Member

Do you live near tall buildings?
  9. ntrddragn

ntrddragn New Member

its works good for me about 98% of the time...but one thing i did noticed is the lack of alternative routes. I tried it many time it keeps telling me there arent any alternative routes even though there are. When i was in Utah last week..it navigate me in circles also which cause me to close the navi and called the place and asked for direction. so it kinda fail me twice in Utah. =/
  10. civEX

civEX New Member

Now isn't this the beta version? When are they going to make a more complete non-beta navagation version?
  11. tex

tex New Member

gets close

was in central cali and headin to baja fresh. it got me to the right block but said my destination was on the left, when it was on the right. it seems to do this, but not very often.
Search tags for this page

androd navigation apps better than vz navigator

google navigation