Google Navigation

dynamicpoetry

Reaction score
For some reason, the voice in Google Navigator deepened and slowed down and now only spouts out some sort of XML (World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and such) instead of providing directions. I tried uninstalling Google maps and reinstalling but the problem continues. I had google maps set to update automatically and this just started a couple days ago. Now the voice direction function is completely useless.

Has anyone else out there had this problem and/or know of a solution? I use google navigation quite extensively and until this started it was working great...

droidx2010

Reaction score
For some reason, the voice in Google Navigator deepened and slowed down and now only spouts out some sort of XML (World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and such) instead of providing directions. I tried uninstalling Google maps and reinstalling but the problem continues. I had google maps set to update automatically and this just started a couple days ago. Now the voice direction function is completely useless.
Has anyone else out there had this problem and/or know of a solution? I use google navigation quite extensively and until this started it was working great...
No - mine is fine.

jonnyb120

Reaction score
Ever since the Froyo OTA, my Google Navigation no longer announces street names nor will it provide spoken distance in miles (only in metric). Can anyone help?

-Jonnyb120

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you checked the settings? Mine still works in miles, the update didn't change anything other than improve it.

jonnyb120

Reaction score
I am using 5.0.0

I do not have a settings menu in Maps. Ugh. This is so frustrating.

-Jonnyb120

ronhelms35

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me in Google Maps 5.0. I last used the Nav program before the Maps upgrade to 5.0 and it worked fine. All of sudden no spoken directions. Rebooting the phone fixed the issue for me.