Google Navigation Printed Manual Now Available from Me!

mikenilson

Reaction score
Google Navigation Printed Manual Now Available!

I have compiled info from Google online help for Google Navigation to create a Manual for Google Navigation. As far as I know there is not a printed edition available, so their is a need for this. I hope it helps, and feel free to comment if I missed anything. The attached pdf file can be printed on both sides of an 8.5x11 sheet of paper and then folded in-half to make a booklet.

Last edited:

papy72

Reaction score
The little tip about desktop shortcuts is enough for me to give you mad props.

Not that I coulnd't have figured it out on my own, but it's one of those little things that never occured to me to check.

pottyperson

Reaction score
I have compiled info from Google online help for Google Navigation to create a Manual for Google Navigation.

I thought I'd worked out the basics before using my HTC to navigate for the first time, but found the experience a bit confusing. Your leaflet has explained just about all the wrinkles. Good work! :biggrin:

lmdodds

Reaction score
wow ive been using google nav almost 2years now and i didnt know half the stuff in your guide..

thanks a bunch for your effort :)

wideboater

Reaction score
Road choices

That is a great piece of work but does not cover something that I am sure I found once but have not been able to find again. But then of course I could have imagined it.:blink:

Is it possible to change the type of route, for instance choose between Fastest, Shortest or optimised?

OP
mikenilson

mikenilson

Reaction score
That is a great piece of work but does not cover something that I am sure I found once but have not been able to find again. But then of course I could have imagined it.:blink:

Is it possible to change the type of route, for instance choose between Fastest, Shortest or optimised?

There is an option for Driving or Walking before starting your navigation route. Once you type in a destination and it gives you your route there is an option to Avoid Highways or Avoid Tolls. There are no other options.

wideboater

Reaction score
There is an option for Driving or Walking before starting your navigation route. Once you type in a destination and it gives you your route there is an option to Avoid Highways or Avoid Tolls. There are no other options.

That is a great pity. It is on my old Nokia 5800XM with out of date Symbian and inferior Ovi Maps. Perhaps Google should introduce the facility because surely I am not alone in not always wishing to drive along motorways but sometimes wanting a pleasurable peaceful drive.

Looks like the next trip will be without my "semi-smart" phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just did a major shout out for you on the Droid RAZR Support forum. You should see some new activity soon!

Very nice work. Thanks for going way beyond helping. ;)