Google navigation on Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by wallstreet123456, Nov 10, 2009.

1. wallstreet123456

wallstreet123456 New Member

I have not used it yet but wanted to know if it will tell you if there is traffic on your route and ask you if you want to avaoid it?
  2. jdubbs23

jdubbs23 New Member

I have not seen this yet, but there is a button you can click that will zoom your view out and show you alternate routes (with colorized traffic information). There you can choose to stay on your current route or go with an alternate. So far I have only seen 3 routes proposed during this, but I'm not sure if that is always the case.
  3. fone sex

fone sex New Member

No it doesn't. Like guy above said, if you have traffic as a layer on your map, when you zoom you can click a button to show alternate routes. Two problems with this:

A) To select an alternate route is 3 clicks away, which can be dangerous if you're on the highway.

B) It doesn't route you around the traffic per say (like a tomtom or garmin would) giving you a quicker route, it simply offers you two additional highway routes to your destination that if you're traveling home-->work or vice versa, you are already aware of.

In short, as of right now, it doesn't offer traffic updates/rerouting.
  4. bobdoo

bobdoo New Member

I think it does route around traffic now. The other day it took me on some strange county roads to get to the nearby freeway, and when I looked at the traffic layer I saw that it brought me to the freeway beyond what appeared to be an accident.

Either that, or it was just totally insane and giving me a stupid route to the nearby freeway.

It would be nice if it told you why it was doing what it was doing...

I also want some simple zoom in/out widgets (or preferably voice commands) while navigating. Anything I do to the screen seems to pause navigation mode and I have to re-enter at the prior zoom level.
  5. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

Why is this in hacks?
Search tags for this page
how to get alternate routes on droid

navigation on droid how to get alternate routes