google navigation does not work

azules9780

Reaction score
As it says in the title, I click on the Google navigation icon and it will not work. It goes to the screen where I choose the location info stuff and then after that, nothing. Any ideas?

OP
A

azules9780

Reaction score
Ok, so I had to go to maps and get that running and then hit navigation from there, punch in address and force it to navigate from maps. After I had done that I could then close it, go back to the icon and then launch it from the icon. I don't know why it wouldn't work before but it's good now.

I have had the D1 and D2 before this with no similar issues before.

Cybrarian

Reaction score
Something is definitely going on with navigation. My battery ran out last night and when I recharged it is telling me I'm in Seattle Wash. (I'm in CT) -- Google earth tells me I'm in CT but verizon says I'm not -- can't use the verizon settings for time either - puts me in the pacific time zone. Did a hard re-set and nothing... verizon is checking it out "and will get back to you..." Anyone else?

Snow02

Reaction score
Does the thunderbolt suffer from the same problem as the incredible, I wonder. Where if you switch batteries or let the battery die, there is a chance something corrupts and causes a whole host of issues.

The only fix on the incredible was flashing. Factory reset did not help.

swiftslayer

Reaction score
A friend was having issue with his Google Maps Navigation doing nothing as well. Running the marketplace update for Google Maps fixed it for him.

305rev305

Reaction score
I already have Maps updated since the first day I got the phone. I don't get it...

kyhall

Reaction score
google maps works for me, IF you don't mind it thinking you are somewhere you are not....at least it has me located in the same state I really AM in.