Google Nav for Rubix 1.9.5

runLoganrun

Reaction score
This app not working for me, it can never find directions. Is this a rom issue, or something else perhaps? I just wiped, and reinstalled the rom, but it still doesn't work.

Thanks for help,
rlr

Reaction score
I use it all the time, works fine for me.
do you have a good data signal when you are using it?

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Been using rubiX since version 1.6somthing, nav works for me as well.

rubiX Focused 1.9.5/Black Juice Blue v5/1.45GHz ULV via DF app

TheCheeks

Reaction score
Sometimes Google Maps won't be able to grab any GPS coords as well. Takes me opening and closing a few times before it does...

salem667

Reaction score
Try going into settings and cleaning the cache for google maps and then sign back in... This should clear it up for you for navigation for you also...

Droid X

OP
R

runLoganrun

Reaction score
Try going into settings and cleaning the cache for google maps and then sign back in... This should clear it up for you for navigation for you also...

Droid X

Hey,
Thanks a lot, however this did not solve my problem. I went into 'manage applications', and cleared cache, and data too by accident. I also ran both modes of Cachemate, then rebooted. When I went back into nav, same problem, it just sits and spins with message" Checking Navigation". I think this is the longest running rom i've had on phone, or will be, its awesome with ADW and Linear theme, with the exception that Nav does not work for me. I'd like the HDMI output to work, but it seems quirky anyway, so don't really care about that, I'd really like for Nav to work though. Please reply if anyone has other suggestions on this.
Thanks!
rlr

OP
R

runLoganrun

Reaction score
Sometimes Google Maps won't be able to grab any GPS coords as well. Takes me opening and closing a few times before it does...

Ya, I've had to reboot phone in past on other roms for it to work also, but that does not help in this case.

And signal should be good where I am, in the city. The GPS icon shows up, and toggles back and forth while it looks for signal, but never gets it. I use copilot however and it works fine. Copilot unfortunately is not as convenient sometimes, has harder time searching for places, and does not jive with other android apps, but is better if you have address programmed in already, so I like to have both.

OP
R

runLoganrun

Reaction score
Try going into settings, then location....make sure that both the top 2 boxes are checked and allow... I hope this works

Ya, had both those checked, but unchecked, rechecked, re-agreed, and rebooted, just for kicks, same prob....

It doesn't even let me get to the point where i can type in destination, right when I open nav it goes to checking for navigation message, continuously.

thanks anyways,
rlr

DMFA

Reaction score
Idk, sounds very odd to me. There was one time after re-flashing that I was slow to find GPS coordinates; I don't know why. I didn't have any issues after that.

When I have a problem isolated to one app, I un-install/re-install. I assume you've done this already. Do other apps which use location, e.g. any weather widget, Flixster, search, etc. give you at least a coarse network-based location?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App