Google Music Upgrade

gsuslikesme

Reaction score
Hey, I cannot update google music, I kept getting the error that said "package file not signed correctly " here is the email that I got back from Google...

"If you receive the "Package file was not signed correctly" error, this is because your device is not on a user build. If your device is on a "userdebug" build with "test-keys" in the build description, the Google Music update will not be able to be installed from Android Market at this time."

What can I do?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

EVSP

Reaction score
Hey guys.. I was having the same problem with the music app.. don't ask me how it worked but it did... I have to add this was ONLY for the music app... I don't have this "package isn't signed correctly" error with any other app when trying to do any update from the market.

Go to Titanium Backup>Backup/restore>music

Select uninstall... it will give you all kinds of warnings how you don't have backups of the app, may need to reinstall your rom if you screw it up, etc. That's fine, just do it. Then reboot your phone... once youre booted back up, go to the market and reinstall the music app and it should work fine.

Works great for me now... I can't guarantee it will work for all users, but I took a chance and it paid off for me..

Hope everything works out for you!

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

EVSP

Reaction score
ESVP...Thanks so much...AWESOME SAUCE!!!

Welcome :) I'm assuming by the enthusiasm that it worked for you too? I'm glad I could finally help someone on here instead of everyone always helping me ;-)

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

EVSP

Reaction score
Whenever you get that message just uninstall then reinstall. Works every time for me

Sounds simple enough but that doesn't work if the option to uninstall isn't there for the Music app :/ only way to uninstall it is to go through some back way of uninstalling - I could only do it through Titanium Backup.

spillner

Reaction score
I ran into the same problem and uninstalled it from the app drawer with no problem.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums