Google Music Over BT Starts Playing Automatically After Calls (ICS Bug)

scion676

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I manually upgraded at the end of last week to the .211 release using Matt's Utility 1.7, and I have had next to no problems since getting on stock ICS. One annoying issue that keeps occurring though, is my music starts playing automatically after I hang up from a call using bluetooth. This happens sporadically (maybe half the time in hang up over BT). It streams over the headset thru A2DP and I have to manually pause the music on my phone. I use a Bose Series 2 headset and didn't have this problem on stock GB beforehand.

Any ideas as to why this is now happening and/or how to stop it?

-Scion

kijutsu

Reaction score
Did you perform a factory reset after upgrading to ICS? I found a lot of weird little quirks were easily resolved after doing a factory reset after ICS upgrade. For me, it was whenever I tried to play something in Spotify, SubSonic would start up and play whatever was last played, very very annoying. So I got angry, factory reset, and all the little quirks were gone.

OP
S

scion676

Reaction score
Did you perform a factory reset after upgrading to ICS? I found a lot of weird little quirks were easily resolved after doing a factory reset after ICS upgrade. For me, it was whenever I tried to play something in Spotify, SubSonic would start up and play whatever was last played, very very annoying. So I got angry, factory reset, and all the little quirks were gone.

hmm I did a wipe data/cache before loading up the .211 release but I didn't do a factory reset after ICS was loaded... sigh... so much set up that would have to be done again... perhaps for the weekend if no one else has a more convenient solution.

nikecar

Reaction score
I have the same bt headset. Are you listening to music then the call then after hanging up it plays again or there was no music then a call then music plays?

If it's music, call, music, then that is normal as it does it with my rezound with any music player (panorama, Google Music, di radio, stock)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Moving to the ics forum.. Thanx :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
S

scion676

Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue and knows of an alternative to doing a factory reset? Gonna be a pain to have to set up all of this stuff again.....

OP
S

scion676

Reaction score
So I did the factory reset and it didn't fix the issue. Music still randomly plays after I receive an incoming call. It seems to be only when I receive a call as opposed to me making one ..... any other ideas?

OP
S

scion676

Reaction score
nikecar said:
You never answered my questiom

I'm aware of the music auto playing if someone calls you while youre listening. This isn't the case. Music isn't playing when someone calls. Then it starts afterwards automatically...

OP
S

scion676

Reaction score
Nobody? Perhaps flashing the .214 leak would help... sigh

jaybogg

Reaction score
Flashing the .215 leak fixed the bug... man that was annoying.

Thx for reporting back what you found as a fix to the problem you were experiencing. I have noticed that too often, when people find a fix or work around to their original problem they asked about, they never report back and that leaves the DF community with no knowledge for the next person who might experience the same problem. Thx again for the update, although I personally haven't experienced the problem!:biggrin: