Google Music Lockscreen

tw15egan

Reaction score
Is it really supposed to be this ugly? This looks absolutely TERRIBLE to me, and it seems as if there is no way to change it. I usually use PowerAmp, but I streamed a few songs and I was greeted by this lovely half-screen nonsense. Am I alone in thinking this? Am I missing something? PowerAmp just updated their app to include this lockscreen as an option.. wtf?

View attachment 47744

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha. I kind of like it... :eek:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yes that's how it's supposed to be. It's quite an upgrade over GB and older versions of Google music, imo.

OP
tw15egan

tw15egan

Reaction score
Yes, it's an upgrade, most certainly.. But it just seems off to me. The album art is a bit too dark, and the transition between the top half and bottom.. just looks odd. I dunno, I guess I am just picky. I was just curious why they added this to PowerAmp, because from my experience, their built in one is better

View attachment 47746

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yes, it's an upgrade, most certainly.. But it just seems off to me. The album art is a bit too dark, and the transition between the top half and bottom.. just looks odd. I dunno, I guess I am just picky. I was just curious why they added this to PowerAmp, because from my experience, their built in one is better

View attachment 47746
Wow that's PowerAmp? That does look good, nice and clean. If that's PowerAmp I may consider switching just for that. :hail:

OP
tw15egan

tw15egan

Reaction score
Wow that's PowerAmp? That does look good, nice and clean. If that's PowerAmp I may consider switching just for that. :hail:

Probably the #1 app I recommend to fellow android users. The equalizer alone is worth it, I have never had a player (or device) sound as good as PowerAmp makes it sound. Give the trial a shot, I'm pretty sure you get all the features, but you are limited to 14 days or something like that. My ONLY complaint is that I wish they would open their API so developers could theme it a little better. I would really love an all black player with white text, as I am running Black Exodus. The dark skin that comes with it is a little hard to read, and the brighter ones are a bit plain.

Give it a shot, I love it

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmmm I'll definitely give it a shot. I don't really use my phone as a mp3 player unless I forget mine. The EQ on Google Music is pretty good.

OP
tw15egan

tw15egan

Reaction score
Hmmm I'll definitely give it a shot. I don't really use my phone as a mp3 player unless I forget mine. The EQ on Google Music is pretty good.

Ah see, my Nexus has become my MP3 player, nice having to not worry about multiple electronics anymore! Let me know if you have any questions with PowerAmp!

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I love PowerAMP, but the idea of Google Music giving me access to my library of 17,000+ songs anywhere I go is just too amazing. I can deal with the ugly lockscreen widget. Though, I don't really use my Nexus for playing music often, as I have an iPod touch for my music needs. I find the sound quality superior from the iPod for some reason.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Ah see, my Nexus has become my MP3 player, nice having to not worry about multiple electronics anymore! Let me know if you have any questions with PowerAmp!
Poweramp can't access google music accounts can it? I don't store music on the device, which is why it's my backup

OP
tw15egan

tw15egan

Reaction score

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel