dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
works with my rooted Incredible.

You are given an invite and then upload the music. Download Music onto your phone, have it sync to your account, and there ya go.

OP
S

Skrat982

Reaction score
Got the invite several days ago, uploaded music, downloaded the app, but all that is there is what was already on my phone and sync is on for my gmail account. On 0s 2.2.2 Thanks for your reply, any other ideas?

riguy156

Reaction score
i had issues with mine to start check the settings in the app

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to make this work with unrooted Droid1? If so, how did you do it?
Why would it be any different with a rooted device? Rooted or not, you have to upload music and use the Google Music app on your device.

gsDroid

Reaction score
What is the point of having the music in the cloud when it is already on the phone? I realize some extremely small percentage of owners may have over 16 Gb of music, but what does this do for the vast majority whose music fits nicely on their phone, no cloud connection necessary?

cellphonedork

Reaction score
The "new" MUSIC app will not work (AFAIK) with an unrooted droid_og. The stock music app will not let it install, as the stock app is a system app and the new app would be a market install. I could not get it to work on my rooted droid (CM7) until I froze the stock app. Just got my invite on Saturday and am uploading music now.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is the point of having the music in the cloud when it is already on the phone? I realize some extremely small percentage of owners may have over 16 Gb of music, but what does this do for the vast majority whose music fits nicely on their phone, no cloud connection necessary?

No need to have it on your phone...that's the whole point and the only point.

Instead of having 10GB of songs on your phone, you now have it in the cloud, freeing up your SD card space.

dberthia

Reaction score
Another benefit is that you have your entire music collection available to stream wherever you have a web browser, not just through your phone.

gsDroid

Reaction score
Another benefit is that you have your entire music collection available to stream wherever you have a web browser, not just through your phone.

Ok, I get the value of streaming through the browser. I still have over 8Gb free on my sd card and can play any of my music whether or not I'm connected. Given the vagaries of a cloud connection I know I would never use it with my phone. The browser streaming has value, though.

dberthia

Reaction score
The streaming to my original Droid has been remarkably reliable, and I couldn't be happier. The "value" proposition is going to be dependent on your situation. Those with huge libraries (I have 70gigs/10,000+ songs) are likely to be much more enticed by this.

Also, having my entire collection available to me so I can listen to it in the car via Bluetooth is just fantastic.

Reaction score
I have over 19,000 songs on my home PC and it's great being able to access them anywhere. I have a TBolt and with 4G on there is no lag either.

tonydelite

Reaction score
The "new" MUSIC app will not work (AFAIK) with an unrooted droid_og. The stock music app will not let it install, as the stock app is a system app and the new app would be a market install. I could not get it to work on my rooted droid (CM7) until I froze the stock app. Just got my invite on Saturday and am uploading music now.

This is false, it works just fine on my stock OG Droid.