Google Music and smart action

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
I currently have the stock music player set for smart action when plugging in my headphones. The problem is I dont like the stock music App as I keep all my music stored on google. Is there any way I can get smart actions to work with google music so I can use that instead? Or am I SOL and stuck storing music on my phone and using the stock app?

OP
Tank_Tak

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas? I have gone over and tried numerous things but cant figure out how to get it to work with google music:mad:

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
What's not working? I assume you've tried setting head phones plugin as trigger & launch app-play music, or to play a playlist (with Google app set as default app).

OP
Tank_Tak

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
What's not working? I assume you've tried setting head phones plugin as trigger & launch app-play music, or to play a playlist (with Google app set as default app).
I currently have smart actions set to work with the stock music app, but I dont like its interface and prefer to use google music/Play. but no matter what I have tried, changing settings tweaking things and even setting it as default music app but cannot get it to work. Smart actions still only show playlist listed under the stock music app.How do I set google music as my default app?

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Go into manage apps & open my music app, then click clear defaults. After you've done that open an audio file from a file manager (my files) you should now get a pop up listing all installed music players with a use as default check box at the bottom, check the box then tap the app you want to use.

If open play list action still opens in my music app, another option is to set the action to open you music app instead of playlist.

OP
Tank_Tak

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
Thanks, I ended up setting it to open google music because it still showed the stock music app playlist. It's actually better it launches the app so I can set whatever I want instead of listening to a predefined playlist :icon_ lala: