Google Music 3.0 w/ Beta Streaming FC

Maganus

Reaction score
I can't seem to find much info on this - I got my beta invite a week or so ago and I uploaded music from my desktop to my music account. I downloaded the google music 3.0 app from the market. Anytime I try to play a song that needs to be streamed the app force closes on me. I'm on Liberty GB 0.5 - Any one else having this issue? Or anyone have any ideas on how to resolve it? Tried re-installing the app with no luck.

trotondo

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem to the letter almost of what you are saying. I tweeted jrummy asking about it and hope he answers but I am glad to see I am not the only one experiencing this

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

Maganus

Reaction score
What all things did you install with the Liberty Customizer? Blur Music or AOSP Music etc. If you could list your config on everything you installed that way I'd like to try that and see if it makes it work then.

Nmayar

Reaction score
Working great for me listening right now while I type. I would remove the app and reinstall.

Funkybrunk

Reaction score
Fix for Force Close

I was having the same problems, and have determined that blocking ads causes the force close. I enabled ads using Liberty Toolbox, and have had no problems since.

OP
M

Maganus

Reaction score
That's it, works now! Strange that add blocking does that - wonder what it's trying to connect to that's killing it?

meshdub

Reaction score
It works fine with adfree though, just fyi guys

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
M

Maganus

Reaction score
Anyone know what Ad-Blocker Liberty uses? I emailed Google Music team about it not working - then told them I figured out it was an adblocker and they want to know which one so it can help them fix the issue.

Sweettreat

Reaction score
I can't even get it to install. Is it because I haven't received an invite yet? I can't imagine that would prevent installing the app.

Swyped from DX Liberty GBv.5

zoe

Reaction score
don't know what the ad blocker is exactly, but if you enable ads in the toolbox streaming works...

might ned to investigate a diff ad blocker than the included liberty one for now or until jrummy makes a change\fix?

[insert_here]

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try the app adfree. I think droid overclock uses the same ad blocker as liberty as they are both written by jrummy

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Reaction score
im using adfree android on the stock 2.3.3 leak for my D2 and it force closes sometimes, though i did just download a new update for the music app today so that may have fixed the issue, haven't messed with it yet since its still uploading.