Google Motorola Purchase: Bad, Good & Saves Money For Google

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
gomoto.jpg

The latest news in the tech industry is regarding Google's purchase of Motorola. A few headlines went up today talking about the deal; one stating it was a waste of money and the other saying Google actually saved money with their purchase. According to a Bloomberg piece, David Martin, founder and CEO of patent consulting firm M-Cam, told Bloomberg that Motorola already sold off the bulk of its valuable patents. He stated the patents that are left, which was estimated around 25,000, are not very useful to Google and actually make them more open to patent battles. Some of the patents conflict with Apple patents, so there could be a few open shots swung at the California based company.

Now the good news. Google, after buying Motorola, will save $1,000,000,000 on their next tax date with the government, along with another $700,000,000 savings in other overseas countries. This savings will last till 2019, but will only be $700 million a year from the American government.

This tax break was not available to Motorola because they did not have the profit offset that would enable them to claim it, but that's not the case for Google.

At the end of the day Google is getting a few good patents, a new stable phone business, and now.... less yearly taxes. Don't you just love America, one of the only places where when you're buying something you're actually saving money. Reply below and share your thoughts.

Patents: BGR Tax Saving: BusinessInsider

Last edited by a moderator:

patfactorx

Reaction score
I just want a Google experience on my Moto phone. I havent had that since my D1.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate taxes. So anything that keeps the government from grubbing more money that doesn't belong to them is AOK in my book. :icon_ banana:

oplopk

Reaction score
Well google is almost everywhere nowadays. They truck of all the thing we do online (our browser, mail, searchs, mobile OS) and store all this in their huge databases. Soon they planing to build bight speed network. I'm not surprised they planing to buy a mobile company...

Sent from my Milestone using DroidForums