Google/Moto Return Fire on Apple

ambrown

Reaction score
“We would like to settle these patent matters, but Apple’s unwillingness to work out a license leaves us little choice but to defend ourselves and our engineers’ innovations.”

That sounds slightly defeated in tone. It's like Google is saying via Motorola, "Well these idiots won't leave us alone, and we'd gladly let them continue to steal our ideas, and rip off our patents, but they keep hitting us with that dueling glove of theirs, so now we're going to finally go to war with them...I hope they like what they asked for."

But good on them. It's about time Google stopped letting Apple slap them around, and they start biting back and letting Apple feel the pressure of a ban or two. Ultimately I think this is bad for innovation and bad for consumers, but Apple doesn't want peace, and so now they've dragged Google into their Holy War against Android. I do hope though that this eventually brings an end to the patent wars and brings about reasonable licencing so we can all just get on with our tech lives.