Google marketplace, talk and gmail not functioning after rom flash

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by kelimandya, Aug 16, 2010.

1. kelimandya

kelimandya New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, I recently flashed sapphire 1.0.0, frozen yogurt, bugless beast 0.4 with clockwork mod recovery V 2.0.1.3, and had success with all roms above, except for the fact that in sapphire, i'm greeted by the droid setup tutorial, which is completely non-responsive, (I remove the setupwizard.apk from the Gapps .zip which causes it to set up without a hitch), and in all of the mentioned roms, when I attempt to use gmail, gtalk, or the market they all crash on startup. In the market I see a hint of the EULA before im booted back to the home screen. I'm coming from 2.2 build number "voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 49593 test-keys" any help is much appreciated! :)

2. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would redownload the sapphire 1.0 and the gapps.zip. Make sure you wipe data/cache 3X. Use ClockWork to install sapphire and then install the gapps immediately after before your intial boot. If you did this last time, it might just be a bad download.

3. kelimandya

kelimandya New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    data wiping

so when I wipe the cash/data, (which i've been hesitant to do thus far) it will erase my pictures, files ect, but will it also erase my nandroid backups/sd card?

4. forkup

forkup Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It won't touch the sdcard.

5. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, only thing it will do is erase your apps, which will be redownloaded when you sync, and your text messages and phone call lists etc. Your contacts, calendar appointments and sd card info will all stay put.