Google Market vs. Apple Market

Dustin.

Reaction score
What do you think of the two being on the same network? Do you think one over the other will be neglected? Will Google change their Refund Policy? TOS? Or how about an idea of a Market Merge for the Verizon Wireless network? Wider variety of apps?

Do we see getting the iPhone as a positive or negative effect on the Android Market and or community? Who knows, but I'm posting this to get other peoples thoughts and opinions on the subject.

How and or will we be effected?

Please, no flaming or slamming other users, this had no intent of a rage thread, just gathering some information and other perspectives!

Sent from my DROID X.

Dadeo

Reaction score
Well its not as if Google is just going to roll over and die. I for one won't be switching to the iPhone.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

nateccnn

Reaction score
I could see some benefit to merging the two markets. I have a couple apps I had to buy twice...once for my Droid and once for iPad. I wonder if that could even work.

Nate

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I doubt anything will change. Android and ios have been on the same network over at at&t for quite some time.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Dustin.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Yeah the that's true, but look how the iPhone has effected AT&T. Data caps, and such. I'm not saying ANYTHING will change though. I was just throwing some questions out there to have an discussion.

Sent from my DROID X.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No for sure I get that. I think there will be a huge influx of people switching from other networks to Verizon to get the iPhone and the better network but I think android will keep trucking along doing their thing. Really iPhone seems to be grasping at straws imo.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Dustin.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Yeah, but how many people do you think will switch to Verizon to have that unlimited data? I've already went through that whole iPhone situation when my parents had AT&T. I personally, will never, ever, go back.

DoctorPDR

Reaction score
So...now what? I'm still in my 30 day window to return my DX and to be honest, I'm not at all happy with the battery life. It down right sux. Should I get an iPhone?

Decisions, decisions...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume we'll see integration of VZW apps into the Apple Market?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Depends on what Apple wants....

Verizon: Hey Apple since you wouldn't allow us to put our crap-I mean app-ware on your device can you carry some of our stuff in the Apple Market?

Apple: Dangit Verizon how many times are you going to ask this question?!!

Verizon: I'm sorry. Don't be mad at me. I'm asking again because you didn't answer me the first time.

Apple: Verizon I'm busy!! Can't you see that?!!

Verizon: I'm sorry Apple I didn't mean to bother you.

Apple: You know what?!! I'm tired of your stupid questions! No you can't put your CRAP-WARE in OUR Market!!!! Now get out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verizon: Yes sir. I'm sorry to bother you.

Apple: Close the dang door too...idiot!!

Verizon: Yes sir..Ok I'm closing the door now. Thank you for answering my question.

Apple: I SAID GET OUT!!!!

Verizon: I'm going. I'm sorry.....

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

It's been confirmed on the Verizon website that their Verizon applications will be available in the Apple Store.
better yet get an Android or Blackberry device where its forced upon you : )

Sent from my Droid