1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Market issues now. Installed apps show under "Not Installed"

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by JonYaya, Nov 5, 2011.

1. JonYaya

JonYaya New Member

What a catastrophe. If I can't make this work I'm going back to the Froyo based BB and finding a Gingerbread keyboard app (that's all I really need from GB anyway).

I followed directions here for a complete restore to a stock, rooted state.

I then wiped data/cache x3 and installed GPA19 via the SirPsycho recovery.

Upon reboot, I re-activated the phone with Verizon, then let it sit for about 30 mins for the activation to take effect.

Went through the "Welcome to Android" screens one by one, which is slightly confusing because it takes you into the Google Market before it competes setup and syncing with your Google account. You actually have to hit the back button to get back to the setup screens.

Once that was all done, I hit "Finish Setup" and let the thing sit for about an hour to give it time to download settings, apps, etc.

All the apps downloaded and installed successfully, they're in my app drawer and they work. All WiFi passwords and e-mail settings synced as well. However, the Google Market app (3.1.5) shows them under the "Not Installed" heading when I look at "My Apps". I rebooted the phone, no change.

Nothing was imported or re-installed via Titanium or other backup software, it all came in via syncing with my Google account. Is there a way to make the Market realize that those programs are, in fact, installed?

This is beginning to get frustrating ...
  2. BlueSami

BlueSami New Member

Do u have 2 gmail account s on the phone? Sometimes mine switch in the market

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. JonYaya

JonYaya New Member

I only have one gmail account, and both phone e-mail and Market are both linked to the same account (I just checked).

If I click an app on the "Not Installed" list, the only option is to "Open", so evidently the Market knows that it's installed at some level, but has it listed under the wrong section in "My Apps". My primary concern with this particular fault is that I might not get update notifications if the Market thinks the app isn't installed when it checks for updates.
  4. DocWalt

DocWalt New Member

Run the fix permissions script (or download the Fix Permissions app, or use the Fix Permissions in ROM Manager) and then fix the market links using Ti Backup or another app that will do so.

FWIW I've had silly issues with the market on all of the latest GB roms.
  5. DHO

DHO New Member

It happens from time-to-time. They typically resolve in a couple days or when an update comes. Youtube.apk is particularly notorious from my experience on multiple phone, and multiple flavors of android.

Do not let it bother you, it will still check for updates. If you have to fix it, get Titanium backup, long press on the app, remove market link, then long press again and fix market link. Either force close the market or restart (to make it rebuild the app list).
  6. SlammedDime

SlammedDime New Member

Have you tried clearing the data/cache from the Market app in Manage Applications?
  7. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

I think its a market issue it tells me I have purchased widget locker and when I go to download it the market declines my download. I've never bought it nor have I ever had it installed...
Search tags for this page

android market apps show as not installed

android market installed apps showing as not installed
application is not installed in phone android
droid x market app not installed
google market is not installedd

google market not installed

googlemarket
how to update apps not installed from android market
how to update apps not installed from market
installed android apps now showing not installed
installed apps not showing in android market my apps screen