Google maps + weather, would be very nice

Cowpoke

Reaction score
I wonder how hard it would be for google maps to incorporate a weather layer from a national weather service? That would make google maps/navigator an incredible GPS service.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Of coarse you can get great weather map apps, but it would be awesome, especially on a trip, to have weather right on the Nav screen.

And when ridding topless, I could tell exactly when to stop to put the top up!

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I agree that'd be awesome. They'll probably incorporate it after they purchase The Weather Channel. :)

Palmyra

Reaction score
WeatherBug elite syncs with Maps to give you the movement of the weather front. Don't know if the Nav portion is activated as I've only used it at fixed points.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been saying and have emailed Google and iMap weather to get together.

Imap weather uses google maps already for its map display, should be an easy thing to make a layer from that, and its free.

pyro6128

Reaction score
This would actually be pretty great if done properly (as in not obtrusive to the nave screen). I can't tell you how many times I've been hit by unexpected rain while using nav. Would be nice to get a little heads up. In fact, if maps could warn you through voice that the weather was changing or that rain was heading your way or something like that, it would be amazing.

msheppard

Reaction score
I agree with this completely. Last night I was driving home with the jeep top down. It's a bit of a pain to put the top back up (nothing like the button clicking top raise action on some cars).

So in lieu of having this feature, I had the radar image from NOAA open in the browser and zoomed into where I was headed. A very nice feature there is when you refresh that screen it maintains the image zoom etc.

Was unable to animate the image though.

M@