Google Maps w/ Multi-Touch Ported to DROID

Purgatory

Reaction score
Works great for me. This is not the iPhone. Thanks.

Yup, and that is why I have this phone, because I mod the hell out of it, but when it isn't in the zoom area it wants you to be, and it wigs out, it either goes in further, or out, it does not stay, so it is very unpredictable.

justbob

Reaction score
This is still not a great version, need to get this working in more of a fluid motion. This has predefined values of where you can zoom into, unlike the iphone which you could set your zoom to what ever you wanted to. this update isn't really much of an improvement. Might as well use the soft buttons or double-tap

That's most likely a limitation of the way that Google maps scales the graphics. Overall, it seems to work quite well.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Works just as good as my Itouch plus it has FREE BETA navigation!!!! What does NAV cost on the Iphone? I bet it is more than free dollars!!!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Works great for me. This is not the iPhone. Thanks.

Yup, and that is why I have this phone, because I mod the hell out of it, but when it isn't in the zoom area it wants you to be, and it wigs out, it either goes in further, or out, it does not stay, so it is very unpredictable.

The official one, or the ported apk that this thread talks about? Because I've played with it a LOT and have only seen what you're talking about once or twice. Most of the time, it's zooming in/out to where I put it. Might depend on what layers you have it set on. For instance, they've probably only got so much info set up for the satellite images, That's the only place I noticed a little bit of it jumping in or out, but it didn't jump drastically.

This is the first version they've done with pinch-to-zoom, so you can't expect it to be perfect.

Purgatory

Reaction score
Works just as good as my Itouch plus it has FREE BETA navigation!!!! What does NAV cost on the Iphone? I bet it is more than free dollars!!!

Yup, if you want a voice talking to you and you to be able to constantly talk to it, but if you have it set up ahead of time, then it is free too. If I have someone else with me, they can also change the destination for me so i don't have to stop.

That's most likely a limitation of the way that Google maps scales the graphics. Overall, it seems to work quite well.

Yeah, I know its just an add on to the maps program that was there before, so it is just piggy-backing on the old software. It is just very disapointing that if they are going to say that this feature is better, then they should be able to make it better.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had the ported one installed for less than a day. Oh well, good experience in uninstalling.