Google Maps upgraded to 4.1

y0manda

Reaction score
There are fixes for this check my previous posts or search around

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my installation fails. is it because of ultimatedroid 7.5 or my 24kt theme?

mine failed also, so i deleted the app off the phone and reinstalled.

Where did you get the original app again. I'm having trouble finding it. I also erased to re-install it.

Thanks

Follow directions in this thread here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-solutions/30276-droidforums-hacking-solutions-thread.html

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
okay guys, just curious with those with the maps as thier wallpaper, how has this effected your battery? does your phone run as long as it does normally or do you see a shorter lifespan?

My battery has been normal. The map does not use GPS.....

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
okay guys, just curious with those with the maps as thier wallpaper, how has this effected your battery? does your phone run as long as it does normally or do you see a shorter lifespan?

My battery has been normal. The map does not use GPS.....

Yes, that would have been an epic fail if using this wallpaper meant your battery was gone in two hours! I had it as mine for half of yesterday with no real noticeable difference in battery usage.

Chilazr

Reaction score
I'm apparently missing the point if the wallpaper doesn't use the GPS. What is a live wallpaper then. Because what I have in my mind is that the map is you wallpaper, show's your location and moves as you do, sort of like a really big widget. So I imagine it'd need to use the GPS to know all that. Am I thinking of something else?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm apparently missing the point if the wallpaper doesn't use the GPS. What is a live wallpaper then. Because what I have in my mind is that the map is you wallpaper, show's your location and moves as you do, sort of like a really big widget. So I imagine it'd need to use the GPS to know all that. Am I thinking of something else?

No, It'll use cell towers to fix your location, Not exact but close enough for the live wallpaper use.

Chilazr

Reaction score
Ah, OK. And sorry for the horrid grammar in the other post. My God, that's bad. That's usually a pet peeve of mine. Maybe I shouldn't post at 4 in the morning.

Motodroid1996

Reaction score
Thank you so much work just fine.

But only one think I have noticed when I open MAPS I get the following message LOGING Failed.

Then I click menu and login same thing.
How can I fix that.
At the same time I have no idea what exactly is that for. Why do i need to log in?

Can not log in to latitude either.

Help please.
Thank you.

Last edited: