Google Maps Updating/Install

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by clucernoni, Mar 18, 2010.

1. clucernoni

clucernoni New Member

So I recently went to AdamZs new 6.0 ROM and it is fantastic. Before I did so I used Titanium Backup to move all my setting/apps over etc...When I woke up this morning I saw there was a google maps update and I went to install it and got an error saying it wasn't signed properly. I figured maybe this had something to do with me having brought it over from my old 2.0.1 ROM and decided I might as well just delete the app and reinstall it clean. So I used TB to uninstall it and then went to the market to redownload it. It now tells me that it could not install because of an incompatible update.

It seems to me that google maps is still somewhere on my phone because when i go to the market and go to downloads, it still shows up...and when I go into TB to reinstall it from my back up, it says it will overwrite a current application and then fails for some reason. Does anyone have any advice as to how A) I can get a working Google Maps and then B) How I can get the updated version?

I'm sure it's just hanging out there somewhere that TB didn't clean up.

Thanks
  2. Humpa

Humpa New Member

I used root explorer and renamed /system/apps/Maps.apk
    Then I went to Settings > Applications > Manage Apps > menu and Filter All > then scrolled to com.google.android.maps and long pressed and clicked Uninstall. Then I could download and install the new Maps successfully using Adamz's SG 6.0.1
Search tags for this page

google maps incompatible update

uninstall maps update android