Google Maps update

Kreichs

Reaction score
So i decided to update my google maps app last night and it has giving me nothing but problems.
Since i updated to version 5.1 it always runs in the background and eats up 90% of my battery on idle. Anyone else having this problem?
And I decided to finally use the Footprints app to remember a good fishing spot and those have disappeared as well, very weird. Also my Yahoo live scores widgets are missing, the app is still there but no widgets anymore.
Don't know whats going on but I uninstalled the maps update and everything is fine. But I don't understand where my Footprints I created went and my Live Scores widget, very strange....

CursedArmand

Reaction score
So i decided to update my google maps app last night and it has giving me nothing but problems.
Since i updated to version 5.1 it always runs in the background and eats up 90% of my battery on idle. Anyone else having this problem?
And I decided to finally use the Footprints app to remember a good fishing spot and those have disappeared as well, very weird. Also my Yahoo live scores widgets are missing, the app is still there but no widgets anymore.
Don't know whats going on but I uninstalled the maps update and everything is fine. But I don't understand where my Footprints I created went and my Live Scores widget, very strange....

Gmaps shouldn't be chewing up your battery unless you leave it up on your homescreen with GPS enabled. If it is your live wallpaper, then yes, expect some drainage, but I haven't seen gmaps draining anything more than usual. What makes you think that is the culpret? Are you seeing the GPS icon in the notification bar broadcasting?

If you want Maps to not run so much in the background, just turn off GPS when not using it and/or if you have recently used the app, just hit the back button until you land on your homescreen.

Also, if you see the blue "Navigation app" icon in the notification bar then you DEFINATELY have something running and need to just end it.