Google MAps update today work on Droid for anyone?

Chilazr

Reaction score
Got my update. Love the pinch-to-zoom. And I hate to say it, I like the Buzz integration. I thought Buzz was going to be a lousy invention that had no real place, but I can see it being useful. I mean I can check out what's going on all over the city in my map. I like the idea. Hopefully it takes off and people use it.

V

volando

also had problems on stock 2.0.1 - a few waits and force-closes later it seemed to have straightened itself out...

REMilk

Reaction score
I upgraded Maps yesterday morning, then used it for a trip from Richmond, VA to Raleigh, NC, plus a couple of side trips. Worked perfectly, in fact it had the streets of a new subdivision, north of Raleigh, that had its first completed house last month. Very current in my estimation.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Got my update. Love the pinch-to-zoom. And I hate to say it, I like the Buzz integration. I thought Buzz was going to be a lousy invention that had no real place, but I can see it being useful. I mean I can check out what's going on all over the city in my map. I like the idea. Hopefully it takes off and people use it.

It will be interesting to see how Buzz works in a crisis situation. Whether something major or something as minor as a traffic jam. I can see it being a big help for those who use it. So far I've used it only to show others it exists and that it comes up on my phone.

On the day it launched someone posted a story here about a dog they came across. The pound found no embedded chip, the lost and found in the paper didn't work and then Buzz is launched a week or so later. He Buzzes about the dog and 20 minutes later someone 2 blocks away contacts him. How cool is that?

Starsushi

Reaction score
The new upgrade doesn't work for me. Not only does it hang and force close but it also doesn't do voice navigation.

I tried un-installing and re-installing a couple of times but it never worked. Went back to what there was before the upgrade and it works fine.

iPirate

Reaction score
latitude widget is too big... who thought that was a good idea?

th9203

Reaction score
I was afraid the widget problem was with my Droid. I still have not seen it even with half a screen opened up for it. How big is it? :icon_eek: