Google MAps update today work on Droid for anyone?

andjarnic

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I see I had an update for google maps. I installed it.. and dang if it doesn't work. It starts up, goes into some options page for a few seconds, then force closes. This is MOST annoying that one of the key apps for Droid gets forked in an update. Did google even test the thing on Droid? Or did they only test it on Nexus one?

Anyone else having issues with it?

Ridley

Reaction score
Worked great for me. maybe uninstall it and try again??

OP
A

andjarnic

Reaction score
Haha.. my bad..I didn't think you could uninstall it. I see it says you can uninstall updates. That seems to work. Learn something new every day.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I saw it had an update and it wouldnt install for me, says unsigned or something like that... may be because I just flashed to smoked glass v 6 last night, and it comes with a different google maps or somethin? I dont know, but it may be that I have a newer version of maps because i'm rooted.

(p.s. before all your non rooted heads explode because I mentioned the fact that I am rooted, I am not bragging about rooting being better than stock, (even though it is :icon_ devil:) I was just stating it as a fact, because I think it may be the reason that the update did not work for me.)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Unistall all Google Map updates and reinstall 4.1

khelek

Reaction score
I noticed it on my phone yesterday, installed it, it opened right up and has worked perfectly since. Like the new Latitude widget it comes with as well.

This is an unrooted, stock 2.0.1 Droid.

hacku

Reaction score
I had read some of the comments that it wasn't working on the Droid so I was weary about downloading and installing it.

I just did and it works without any problems.

DroidMod 1.0

droidilac

Reaction score
I just updated mine and it works just fine.

Running BB 0.7.4 <---- that's right lol it worked without any problems so I never bothered flashing a different rom. LoL I wonder if I am the only one still running that version.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
worked for me.

used maps on a hiking trail today and it worked flawlessly.

svttech76

Reaction score
I saw it had an update and it wouldnt install for me, says unsigned or something like that... may be because I just flashed to smoked glass v 6 last night, and it comes with a different google maps or somethin? I dont know, but it may be that I have a newer version of maps because i'm rooted.

(p.s. before all your non rooted heads explode because I mentioned the fact that I am rooted, I am not bragging about rooting being better than stock, (even though it is :icon_ devil:) I was just stating it as a fact, because I think it may be the reason that the update did not work for me.)

If you go to the adamz sub section in the rom forum there is a fix for this. I had to uninstall maps with root explorer and then reinstall it

nwskeptic

Reaction score
Same issue here, just would not work. I uninstalled the update and it works fine now.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Workin fine here... DroidMod 1.0... love the live wallpaper that comes with that update... just another way to trip my friends out

stdesign

Reaction score
Works great for me from the first update, from Auto app and by itself, with or without GPS enabled. Unrooted, stock 2.0.1 Droid.

DeltaLead

Reaction score
Actually noticed the new maps update today after making a road trip. Before Maps (the update that went earlier this week) was buggy as hell and made me sad because I otherwise enjoyed the update.

Got the latest update today and suddenly all the bugs I noticed previously are gone.