Google maps update on 3/20/10

GeLopez

Reaction score
Can anyone share what exactly the update is about? And the version?

edit: so far the change reported by christim is the build number from 4124 to 4126
edit 2: good find by flomaster on post#11 swiping left to right to change finds works now
- good find by jeremy556 on post#12 switching accounts now works

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share what exactly the update is about? And the version?

It's 4.1. Unclear what is included compared to the 4.1 update of a couple of days ago. I suspect it's a bug fix.

I too noticed that it was still 4.1. Very odd, generally when a change is made of any sort the version number changes as well. This is Google however, and they do seem to march to a different beat.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The market says new search results page where you can swipe to the next result. The market says 4.1.0 but I thought that's what I got the other day.

Settings/apps/manage apps/maps says I currently have 4124
After install manage apps says I have version 4126.

What good stuff in 4125 did I miss? :icon_eek:

4126 works fine on SG6.0 rooted phone

searched for pizza, did list view (icon lower left corner on map screen) get detailed info, swipe screen left/right to scroll between results.

edit: saw posts above. I went to the Market, clicked menukey/downloads, and the update was visible.

moot

Reaction score
The market says new search results page where you can swipe to the next result. The market says 4.1.0 but I thought that's what I got the other day.

searched for pizza, did list view (icon lower left corner on map screen) get detailed info, swipe screen left/right to scroll between results.

edit: saw posts above. I went to the Market, clicked menukey/downloads, and the update was visible.

Swiping screen left or right does not work for me. Is anyone else having this problem. I'm on 4126.

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
ok good im not the only one lol. i was wondering since it updated and its still had the same version number. i thought it didnt actually update. most likely a small bug fix. i was seeing a lot of comments of people getting forces closes when they would open maps with the first release of 4.1.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Swiping screen left or right does not work for me. Is anyone else having this problem. I'm on 4126.
search for pizza
click bottom left "LIST VIEW" icon
click a pizza place
swipe left or right to switch to different pizza place

-=Jason=-

Jeremy556

Reaction score
Besides using maps as live wallpaper, I noticed that the account switching feature works now.

Before, if you had a Google Apps account setup as your first Google account, the My Maps feature wouldn't work. An update or two ago they added an option to switch accounts, but it didn't work for me until today. It would act like it changed, ask for permission, then it would be on "Signing In..." forever.

OP
G

GeLopez

Reaction score
good find from flomaster and jeremy556

are this from the new update or from the 4.1 update afew days ago?

Last edited:

moot

Reaction score
search for pizza
click bottom left "LIST VIEW" icon
click a pizza place
swipe left or right to switch to different pizza place

-=Jason=-

Ah, I see. I was trying to swipe on the main search screen. Thank you!