Google Maps Update 4.2.0

Chillson

Reaction score
Seems to be actually less accurate now. Anyone comment on that?

rjax

Reaction score
On the bright side, it how has bicycle directions and the ability to avoid highways and tolls. Guess I should have waited to install it though...

JFDroid

Reaction score
Yeah... my GPS is much less accurate now than it was before the update, and the multitouch is wacky and doesn't work as it should. It zooms the wrong way when I pinch. Ugh!

rjax

Reaction score
One another nice thing about the update, if/when it's usable, is the new Navigation item in the Launcher. It gives you a history of recent locations, and also lets you choose how you want to enter a destination.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I just updated Google Maps and I'm not seeing these issues. Pinch to Zoom works just like it always has, accuracy (limited since I'm not mobile right now) shows me to be right where I'm at......

The new Navigation though is nice.....allowing me to tap Speak Destination, Type Destination, Contacts or Starred Items at launch.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Running a backup now before install and I'll report how it goes after the update.

rusray

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems. Updated 20 minutes ago and found my nearly instantly, and the gps was last turned on a few miles away.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Ok so I noticed for a moment that it lost it's accuracy for a moment after opening the update. However I just held the phone in my hand and spun around for a few times and it fixed it practically instantly. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the new Navigation App it gives you for search. Finally getting around to making this thing perfect! dancedroid

joeymoose

Reaction score
Where is this new navigation icon? I don't see it in the app tray...

tu3218

Reaction score
One another nice thing about the update, if/when it's usable, is the new Navigation item in the Launcher. It gives you a history of recent locations, and also lets you choose how you want to enter a destination.

Where is this navigation item?