Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
qk4h6Ox.png

Google announced yesterday a new feature called Your Timeline. This feature can be found within the Google Maps navigation bar on both the desktop and mobile versions and lets users see a timeline of where they’ve traveled over a specific time period.

"Your Timeline allows you to visualize your real-world routines," Gerard Sanz, a Google project manager, wrote in a blog post Tuesday.

The timeline is not something you can currently share with friends; it is only visible to you. You can also delete places you’ve been. This is actually very similar to the location history feature in your account, but it’s much more user-friendly.

Also, If you’re also using Google Photos, the feature will show the pictures you took on a specific day, to spur your memory even further!

Your Timeline is currently rolling out to devices now.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Here's how it looks when you click the Timeline button:

v22K8xs.gif

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm ok with this and looking forward to playing with the info. I know plenty of people who do/would find it creepy.

I was driving back from a conference for work with a coworker on 41 North last week. My watch buzzed, I looked down and read it aloud. "Construction on 41 North". We already knew that, but she thought it was a bit freaky that Google knew where I was, which direction I was going, and let me know there may be a delay. She was also very impressed with how cool it was once she got over the initial shock.

Given that I'm ok with Google seeing me go to and from work and home every day with very few detours in between, I forget that there're people who don't know the convenience of timely notifications about your current surroundings. I also showed her the card for things we could all go check out while we were out of state at the conference if we had free time in the evenings and needed something to do.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm ok with this and looking forward to playing with the info. I know plenty of people who do/would find it creepy.

I was driving back from a conference for work with a coworker on 41 North last week. My watch buzzed, I looked down and read it aloud. "Construction on 41 North". We already knew that, but she thought it was a bit freaky that Google knew where I was, which direction I was going, and let me know there may be a delay. She was also very impressed with how cool it was once she got over the initial shock.

Given that I'm ok with Google seeing me go to and from work and home every day with very few detours in between, I forget that there're people who don't know the convenience of timely notifications about your current surroundings. I also showed her the card for things we could all go check out while we were out of state at the conference if we had free time in the evenings and needed something to do.

This is how I feel as well. When my phone is giving me my next departure gate at an airport before the airport departure signs do...I can deal with them knowing where I am. It integrates my emails, calendars, and Google Now very nicely that I am sure I would really miss it if I were to quit using it.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

That's why you got my vote to be a Mod.