Google Maps still having issues finding me

sinistersix

Reaction score
Ive updated, ive de-installed...ive tried a bunch of things. Is anyone else haivng issues with google maps? It takes sometimes 20 minutes for it to find my location, what else can i try?

rustynail09

Reaction score
Usually after resetting my phone (simple power off/on) or battery pull the gps function returns to normal. I have had it after 4-5 days of uptime that the gps goes squirrelly and places me in Canada when I actually live in Ohio.

hopefully this helps

OP
S

sinistersix

Reaction score
Usually after resetting my phone (simple power off/on) or battery pull the gps function returns to normal. I have had it after 4-5 days of uptime that the gps goes squirrelly and places me in Canada when I actually live in Ohio.

hopefully this helps

so everytime I want to use my nav i have to restart the phone? What mine does is it finds the route, and the screen actually shows where I am. I just says 'searching for gps' and sits on that screen for a while before kicking over to start the nav guidance

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ive updated, ive de-installed...ive tried a bunch of things. Is anyone else haivng issues with google maps? It takes sometimes 20 minutes for it to find my location, what else can i try?
You need to pinpoint where the problem is. If the GPS receiver is having trouble getting a lock then uninstalling/reinstalling or messing around with Google Maps won't do a thing for you.

Try downloading GPS Status. It will tell you how many satellites the receiver can pick up and how many it is locking on to.

Is it always having problems getting a fix regardless of your location?

Last edited:
OP
S

sinistersix

Reaction score
You need to pinpoint where the problem is. If the GPS receiver is having trouble getting a lock then uninstalling/reinstalling or messing around with Google Maps won't do a thing for you.

Try downloading GPS Status. It will tell you how many satellites the receiver can pick up and how many it is locking on to.

OK ill give that a shot. Does that just tell me my status or will it actually fix the problem? There are also a few 'gps status' apps, which one should I get?

Last edited: