Google Maps really annyoying me

Nblufire12

Reaction score
hey guys

so i suck with directions and navigating and driving sooo i need my droid to guide me.

i have a OG D1 running CM 7

and my beef is whenever i find an address i need to get to, i star it on google maps on my desktop

then i go on my phone and its never there in navigation under starred locations. it's buggy as hell and doesnt sync

any workarounds?

diverbelow

Reaction score
hey guys

so i suck with directions and navigating and driving sooo i need my droid to guide me.

i have a OG D1 running CM 7

and my beef is whenever i find an address i need to get to, i star it on google maps on my desktop

then i go on my phone and its never there in navigation under starred locations. it's buggy as hell and doesnt sync

any workarounds?

Have you tried Chrome to Phone on your Droid?
If you use the Chrome browser, install the following Chrome app: Google Chrome to phone extension.
If you use firefox, download and install foxtophone extension.

Then log in with your gmail account, and on your browser, log in with the same gmail account. What Chrome to phone does, is to send a link or address or directions from Google maps to your phone.

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
I have but I really want a list of all my destinations so when i click on it on my droid it will load navigation directions

the system works... but just not as intended.

i dont know what the deal is with syncing starred locations but they never seem to update!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Create a custom map with your locations. Make sure you're logged into the correct Google account for your device when you do this. Load the custom map on your device via Layers.

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
will that give turn by turn in the navigation app?

Dwyndal

Reaction score
There is that option(chome) and it should work just the same or storing these addresses in your contacts and run a maps search via the contacts lits in the navigation window. Now i did hear there were issues with turn by turn navigations from CM7.0.2-3 i had to update to a pico tts servce versus the stock one which was fine but i also had to do a navigation install of sorts but i did get the turn by turn speech so it might be certain devices.

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
There is that option(chome) and it should work just the same or storing these addresses in your contacts and run a maps search via the contacts lits in the navigation window. Now i did hear there were issues with turn by turn navigations from CM7.0.2-3 i had to update to a pico tts servce versus the stock one which was fine but i also had to do a navigation install of sorts but i did get the turn by turn speech so it might be certain devices.
I didn't know Chrome2Phone saved entries, I guess it's in the history section of the app?

The navigations work fine but the starred locations aren't syncing with the desktop version of google maps

Dwyndal

Reaction score
Chrome2phone saves links via history. I have never used the feature for my "starred" locations on desktop but i just add the address to my contacts or address book for a quick scrollable find. Or i just the the voice or type commands to find the address as in "navigate to (blah blah blah huzzah oh niiiii)

If you are hearing / speech impaired just type the address and zoom away.

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
I guess I could use chrome to phone but when I wipe my droid it would lose all my history. you make contacts for every location?

and i'd have to install chrome 2 phone on all my computers because I use firefox and the app is called fox to phone

sarge_ou

Reaction score
My starred places wouldn't sync until the first time that I opened Places on my phone. Since then, my starred places seem to sync relatively quickly. I'm not sure if that is just a coincidence or not.

AtrixBogie

Reaction score
My starred places wouldn't sync until the first time that I opened Places on my phone. Since then, my starred places seem to sync relatively quickly. I'm not sure if that is just a coincidence or not.

Sarge, excellent observation. I accessed Places and then my Navigation starred places synced. Interesting coincidence indeed.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Anyone notice navigation is still in beta?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

RawrGB

Reaction score
possible fix

I ran into the same problem recently. If you open the Maps app and bring up the menu (via the menu key), you should be able to select "Starred Places" to view the list of starred locations (which at this point will be out of date). Once you're on that screen, bring up the menu again and select "Refresh". This should bring your starred places up to date with desktop Google Maps in every app that uses them. Hope it helps. :)