Google maps question

Tmurray315

Reaction score
So I got a question i had the galaxy s4 for about a month now. I noticed when using Google maps it stays stuck on the navigation the blue icon doesn't move. It's like the doesn't actually show where I am and doesn't update it always freezes has any one had any issue with this

GVLBob

Reaction score
So I got a question i had the galaxy s4 for about a month now. I noticed when using Google maps it stays stuck on the navigation the blue icon doesn't move. It's like the doesn't actually show where I am and doesn't update it always freezes has any one had any issue with this

I'm guessing the GPS isn't turning on. Either drag down the Status Bar and turn it on and touch the navigation icon in the lower-right corner. Might also have to enable Standalone GPS Services.

Does that solve the problem?

OP
T

Tmurray315

Reaction score
I'm guessing the GPS isn't turning on. Either drag down the Status Bar and turn it on and touch the navigation icon in the lower-right corner. Might also have to enable Standalone GPS Services.

Does that solve the problem?
gps and location is all turned on

1coopgt

Reaction score
They just updated Google maps last week . I had to use it this morning and couldn't figure out how to get it to use the Navigation (turn by turn ) part of the app. Figured it out later .
1. You need to click in the searchbox.
2 put in where you want to go .
3 press enter. it will go back to the map.
4 at the bottom of the screen you'll see the addy and a car or what ever mode of transport your using click it .It's going to come up with another screen with est. time click on it it will go back to the map.
5 press the start button at the bottom of the screen.

The Navigation app use to be separate and was easy to use. Looks like they incorporated it into Maps and it's made it more difficult . Not liking the change at all . If your making something better great . But if your changing something just for the sack of change then that's a fail .

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ I got lost a couple of days ago and pulled over to the side of the road to discover this crap update. Man I was mad! :mad:

OP
T

Tmurray315

Reaction score
^ I got lost a couple of days ago and pulled over to the side of the road to discover this crap update. Man I was mad! :mad:
Ya the update is all messed up when I'm on the navigation it shows the blue line and then it shows where I am but it never update it like stays at the same location and never moves everything is turned on to