Google maps question

Reaction score
When I turn on maps I wanted to know if there is a way for it to show up so that I am driving up the screen kind of like it does when you use the navigation.

Thanks.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
Maybe I didn't understand his question, but I think he's saying he wants the first-person 3D-ish perspective. "My Location" doesn't do that, right? It just keeps re-centering the map on your location with the overhead north-is-up perspective. I don't know if there is a way to get the 3D navigation just driving around with no destination. I think the solution would be to somehow use Navigation (as opposed to Maps) with no end point. I just tried to make that happen and I couldn't.

OP
W
Reaction score
I would like the car icon to move up the screen at all times like in GPS mode.

soyboy

Reaction score
I agree, I would also like a way of staying in the navigation screen in a "tracking" mode with out getting directions. I know you can do this in the map mode, but I don't like it as well, plus I find that it gets "hung up" and I have to hit my location from time to time to get it going. Although I like the navigation feature a lot (the Garmin now lives in the glove box) I would like this feature along with a night mode. I think if I was on a long trip at night I would pull out the Garmin instead of the Droid as the screen is annoying at night. I would assume that they will fine tune/add these features in the future.