Google Maps on BB V1.1

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by nfusaf, May 29, 2010.

1. nfusaf

nfusaf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed Bugless Beast V1.1 with Smoked Glass Theme running the Bekit 1.1 Ghz kernel. I don't have Google Maps since I rooted and whenever I try to download google maps it finishes the download and tries to install and it returns "Incompatable Update". Is there a base version that can be downloaded so the update can be installed?

I did a search and didn't find any threads about this problem.

2. ntrddragn

ntrddragn Member

Ratings:
    +6
  3. nfusaf

nfusaf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still unable to have Google Maps. I click the apk file and instruct it to install (within Root Explorer) and it acts like it is about to install and then it says application not installed. Also tried placing in the Apps folder within the system and rebooting but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed it finally. Went in through Root Explorer and deleted all instances of google maps from every folder possible, rebooted, settings>applications>manage applications>press menu button>Filter>all Found all instances of google maps and uninstalled.

Was able to successfully install google maps from the marketplace. Now all that is left is to fix the Login Failed problem within Maps.

#3 nfusaf, May 29, 2010
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
  4. jimmiet

jimmiet Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You should get a notification asking for permission from Google...allow it and you should be good.

5. nfusaf

nfusaf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I literally just saw that notification right after I did the edit on my post. Thanks for the reply.

Search tags for this page
google maps bb v1

google.map.for.blackberry.v.1.