1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Maps navigation via bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by phreek, Mar 3, 2010.

1. phreek

phreek New Member

Does anyone know how to get the navigation in Google Maps to work via bluetooth?

My calls come through on my earpiece but the navigator for some reason still only wants to talk through the phone's speakers... This is a bit frustrating.
  2. Mr.Waters

Mr.Waters New Member

i agree with you, i bought the bluetooth just for the reason that i could use it with navigation but i can't seem to get it to work
  3. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR Member

My Google Nav works through BT, but I'm using a BT car stereo, not a head set. My nav instructions from the Droid are played over my car speakers. Your headset probably doesn't support media (the A2DP profile I think). I'm not into the BT headsets at all, so I'm not positive about what I just wrote, but I do know that Google Nav can work over BT.
  4. giant25

giant25 New Member

Previous post is correct. Navigation comes through on the A2DP profile, not the headset profile. I have a stereo bluetooth gateway hooked into my car, and when I'm connected to it, I hear Nav through my cars speakers. However, I don't hear nav on my Jawbone, as it is not a stereo headset.
Search tags for this page
bluetooth google maps
can get my google maps to talk through my bluetooth in the car
can i get google maps on car stereo
can i get my android to give map directions through car speakers

google maps navigation bluetooth

google maps navigation bluetooth headset
google maps through car bluetooth
how do i sink google map to blue tooth
how to intrgrate iphone google maps with bluetooth car system
how to make google maps come on blue tooth
how to make iphone use google maps with bluetooth
how to run google maps on iphone through bluetooth car stereo and listen to radio
smart phones that do navigation through car bluetooth
why wont google navigator play thru bluetooth
will maps talk thru car blue tooth