Google Maps - Locations List?

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score
Is there a way that I can open up Google Maps and have a list of places I go to often? I know about the search and all that, and I know it remembers places you look up. Its just a pain to have to start typing to bring it up.

If I'm at a new place, and I wanna get directions home, I'd like to be able to open the app and click on a link called HOME, and that will navigate me right home.

I found a way to add locations to the home screen, and then add them to a folder. Thats not a bad solution, but I can't figure out how to name the folder. It's just called folder, and I can't figure out how to edit the name. In the end, I don't want 10 or 15 locations all over my home screen. I like something organized. Inside or outside of Google maps is really not a matter.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much guys and gals

lswingle

Reaction score
To change the name of the folder, open the folder, long press on the Folder name at the top,
it will bring up a box to change the name.

Not sure about putting locations in google maps directly from your droid.
But you can create a map in google maps, with your locations, on your pc
and save it to your my maps on the pc. Then in google maps on your droid,
hit menu, layers, more layers, my maps and it should show the map you created.

Bullfrog

Reaction score
The only thing I could figure out was to enter "home" into my contacts. Then enter my home address for that contact. If I go into my contacts now I scroll to 'home' and click the 'navigate' button and it launches the google maps.

I too wish there was a "Favorites" section in google maps. How could they have overlooked this?

Antonio Loveless

Reaction score
Long press your home screen. Select Shortcuts. Select Directions. You'll then enter your home address or whatever destination you'd like to use over and over. You can give it a nickname like 'Home'. Then give it an icon and it will be set on your home screen. Click on it and it will automatically give you directions to that location from your current location. :)

OP
tha]-[acksaw

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score
You'd really think that Google would have something as simple as this built into the software. It's a real bummer. But gosh darn it if everything else Google does, Map included, isn't amazing!

Thanks so much for the suggestions guys. I really do appreciate it. I'm gonna mess around with a few of these options.

Abby Normal

Reaction score
The only thing I could figure out was to enter "home" into my contacts. Then enter my home address for that contact. If I go into my contacts now I scroll to 'home' and click the 'navigate' button and it launches the google maps.

I too wish there was a "Favorites" section in google maps. How could they have overlooked this?

I am with you right up to scroll to home and click the navigate button... Lost on the navigate button, of course I just got my Droid and am overwhelmed with trying to learn it all in a day or so... LOL

Help me out here please ??

krash610

Reaction score
Found this app last week from Webcipe called Google Map Address Book.
It lets you save a list of addresses or your current location. To use, just bring up the app and tap the location you want and it will start google map with that location pin pointed. then you could tap on it to get directions or whatever you want.
vin

SGTiger

Reaction score
I also like the option of going to a desktop computer>google maps>my maps and set up your favorite locations onto your map. Then go to maps on the Droid and turn on your "my maps" layer which will bring up push pins of these favorite locations which you can easily click to navigate to.