Google Maps issue (Just started)

Tekmazter

Reaction score
I updated to the latest version recently and it was working since the update. However, as of right now it continues to just sit in the 'Loading' phase. Is anyone else experiencing this right now? This occurs over WiFi as well.

I'm in the Boston, MA area.

Itamar

Reaction score
Mine will load my location, but the search function stopped working.

I also just discovered that it also won't load any maps outside my local grid.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tekmazter

Reaction score
Google Maps is telling me of a network failure and then proceeds to use the GPS to identify my location. However, I cannot get the map to overlay and I cannot pull up directions. It just sits there saying 'Getting Driving Directions'.

I'm going to guess this is a google issue and no my phone.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine's not working since the update either. Hope they push out another update for Maps soon to fix whatever has happened.

darreno1

Reaction score
OK well I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I use it a lot and ran into this about an hour ago. The GPS still works but intermittent or no map data. I guess their map servers or network hardware are having issues.

BTW I don't have the OTA update yet so I believe this a separate issue.

Last edited:

Palmyra

Reaction score
Did you reboot after installing?

Had the same types of problems with mine until I accidentally rebooted the Droid. Held my finger on the button to long to get it out of sleep and had to turn it off. When it restarted all was fine.

Itamar

Reaction score
This is not an update issue. The whole mobile maps system is down (or at least crippled). Mine was working fine yesterday after the update. Rebooting has no effect.

onecleanjetta

Reaction score
i rebooted my phone the normal way with the update installed and it didnt work. then my phone hard powered off because my battery died (still update installed) once it turned on after plugging in the update works perfectly!!!! i can search and zoom and drag to different locations!! so aparently you need to hard power off the phone.. (easiest way is to take the battery out while its still on)

Itamar

Reaction score
Seems to be comming back online for me too. Still a noticable time lag, but it's better than nothing ...