Google Maps is mystical...?

jakeklomps

Reaction score
Anyone that uses google maps notice how it disappears? I've got a widget, and I went to use it and it said 'this app is not installed on your phone'.. So w/e. I downloaded it from market and installed and used no problem.

Then a week later... (today) I go to use it, and it says the same thing. I havent changed anything as far as settings, roms, kernels, themes... nothing. So I don't know what the deal is. Anyone got an answer?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone that uses google maps notice how it disappears? I've got a widget, and I went to use it and it said 'this app is not installed on your phone'.. So w/e. I downloaded it from market and installed and used no problem.

Then a week later... (today) I go to use it, and it says the same thing. I havent changed anything as far as settings, roms, kernels, themes... nothing. So I don't know what the deal is. Anyone got an answer?

Well, I find it a little hard to believe. So let me ask you a question. When you go into the market does it say "free?" It doesn't say installed, correct?

Also the next time it happens just for grins and giggle take a look at your settings/applications/all applications and see if it's gone there.

It shouldn't require you to have to download it multiple times. If it does happen to you again then I will give you my fix all instructions: Remove any task killers or antivirus. Go to your privacy settings (if you have them on the Fascinate). Do a Factory Data reset.

Very strange.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

If you have it in system/apps and data/apps delete them both, reboot and reinstall from the market....
What Rom/theme are you running?