1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google Maps is mystical...?

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate Development' started by jakeklomps, Apr 13, 2011.

1. jakeklomps

jakeklomps New Member

Anyone that uses google maps notice how it disappears? I've got a widget, and I went to use it and it said 'this app is not installed on your phone'.. So w/e. I downloaded it from market and installed and used no problem.

Then a week later... (today) I go to use it, and it says the same thing. I havent changed anything as far as settings, roms, kernels, themes... nothing. So I don't know what the deal is. Anyone got an answer?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Well, I find it a little hard to believe. So let me ask you a question. When you go into the market does it say "free?" It doesn't say installed, correct?

Also the next time it happens just for grins and giggle take a look at your settings/applications/all applications and see if it's gone there.

It shouldn't require you to have to download it multiple times. If it does happen to you again then I will give you my fix all instructions: Remove any task killers or antivirus. Go to your privacy settings (if you have them on the Fascinate). Do a Factory Data reset.

Very strange.
  3. TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27 New Member

If you have it in system/apps and data/apps delete them both, reboot and reinstall from the market....
    What Rom/theme are you running?